Website HOA Services
Property maintenance services to extend the life of your building
HOA Services is an established construction company with clients throughout the Portland Metro area.
We are in search of an experienced Carpenter for our Repairs Division with a focus on Exterior Building Rehabilitation Repairs for multi-family housing and commercial properties.
Why come work with HOA?
The owner of HOA Services has started and grown businesses for the past 20 years; and it is our company culture that sets us apart from other employers. We strive to invest our energy and resources into the benefits, policies, systems, and equipment that support our staff so they can provide the quality of service that makes us successful. We want our culture to consistently emphasis transparency, respect, teamwork, and opportunity. We constantly seek employee input to improve the ways we can support and empower our leaders and team members. A testament to our culture is that many of our senior employees and leadership have worked with the owner for 15+ years always moving on to the next organization with the owner.
We are looking for an excellent Carpenter whose experience has a strong focus in Exterior Building Shell Rehabilitation Repairs. On the job site you will often be a key person for the completion of a project, and a main point of contact for administration and other staff members; excellent communication and comprehension skills are essential.
A carpenter has a solid background in construction, especially in exterior repairs and rehab, multi-family home construction and building shell water-proofing. Your acquired skill-level gives you the ability to work independently and make decisions on behalf of the company that align with project and organizational goals. You must be well-organized, thorough, and constantly mindful of safety.
The ideal candidate will have a diverse set of skills and/or an eagerness to learn new skills (handyman, lighting, concrete, welding etc.). HOA Services provides a variety of repair services to our clients and can provide year-round-work for a versatile candidate even in slow seasons.
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
- Assist in building scopes of work and monitor adherence to finalized scopes of work
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities on assigned job-sites
- Perform Journeyman level carpentry work
- Inspect work for accuracy and quality
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
- Monitor expenditure of assigned jobs and ensure it remains within budget
- Resolve problems when they arise
- Communicate with administration on progress, problems, and goals throughout a job
- Accurately and thoroughly document all work on assigned jobs
- Proven experience as construction/repair carpenter
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment, and OSHA guidelines
- Understanding of electrical systems as they pertain to carpentry
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude in math
- Own tools required to perform assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Effective communication skills for working with peers, supervisors, clients, and subcontractors.
- Problem-solving abilities
- Good physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or diploma in a skilled trade (electrician, carpenter etc.)
Must have reliable transportation.
Must be able to perform duties that require heights (scaffolding, roofs)
Must have a Valid Driver License.
This position requires good physical shape and stamina. The majority of time in this position is spent doing physical labor both indoors and outdoors. Must be able to lift 50 Pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Normal days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Compensation and Benefits
This position has the consistent opportunity for overtime. We offer full medical benefits with employer contribution, competitive pay and 40 hours of Paid Time Off (in addition to 40 hours of paid sick time according to ORS Chapter 839). We also provide a company vehicle, company phone, and a quarterly tool allowance. Before the end of 2018 HOA Services will also offer a 401(k).